The Colon Cancer Coalition is looking for liked-minded partners in Boston and the surrounding area to receive one of multiple $10,000 grants awarded from funds raised through Get Your Rear in Gear – Boston.
Applications are due
Friday, December 1, 2017 Monday, January 15, 2018.
To receive funds, organizations are not required to be located in Massachusetts; however, grant money must be used on programs that will benefit individuals in and around Boston. Priority will be given to programs working to increase screening for adults over 50 to reach the national goal of 80%, patient screening navigation, or addressing young adult onset colorectal cancer.
Get creative. We are looking for out-of-the-box thinking that will:
- Have a real impact on colorectal cancer screening rates.
- Reach at-risk and underserved communities.
- Target messages to populations at risk for young-onset colorectal cancer.
- Reach those who have an increased genetic risk for the disease.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- Publicly acknowledge the grant.
- Submit a completed Grant Results Summary following the completion of the project or no later than 12 months after receiving the grant funds, whichever comes first. The grant recipient will need to include specific details on how the grant money was used and the results of the program or related statistics as available (screening rates and behavior changes, etc.)
- Be an active participant in Get Your Rear in Gear – Boston by
- Joining the event committee
- Helping with vendors and sponsor contacts/asks
- Helping secure volunteers for packet pickup and race-day
- Reaching out to your contacts to distribute race information and marketing materials to increase awareness and obtain participants
- Having a presence and team at the event
Important information regarding use of granted funds:
- Grant money must be used on programs that will benefit individuals in Boston and the surrounding area.
- Grant money cannot be used for event sponsorships.
- Grant money cannot be used to pay salaries or overhead expenses.
- Grant must align with the mission of the Colon Cancer Coalition.
Chosen grant recipients will be contacted by Friday, February 16, 2018. We reserve the right to contact applicants in advance if we have any questions or require clarification. This contact would not guarantee receipt of a grant award.
Questions? Please contact Anne Carlson.
Download the Application or complete below.
* denotes required field