The Colon Cancer Coalition is looking for liked-minded partners in Kansas City and the surrounding area to receive one of multiple grants awarded from funds raised through Get Your Rear in Gear – Kansas City events. Grants will be given in amounts up to $20,000.
Applications are due Friday, May 12, 2017.
To receive funds, organizations are not required to be located in Kansas City; however, grant money must be used on programs that will benefit individuals in Kansas City and surrounding community. Preference will be given to new or existing programs working toward the shared colorectal cancer screening goal of 80% by 2018.
Get creative. We are looking for out-of-the-box thinking that will:
- Have a real impact on colorectal cancer screening rates.
- Reach at-risk and underserved communities.
- Target messages to populations at risk for young-onset colorectal cancer.
- Reach those who have an increased genetic risk for the disease.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- Publicly acknowledge the grant.
- Be an active participant in the 2017 Get Your Rear in Gear – Kansas City on Sunday, September 17, assisting the Colon Cancer Coalition in attracting additional participants and sponsors.
- Submit a completed Grant Results Summary following the completion of the project or no later than 12 months after receiving the grant funds, whichever comes first. The grant recipient will need to include specific details on how the grant money was used and the results of the program or related statistics as available (screening rates and behavior changes, etc.)
Important information regarding use of granted funds:
- Grant money must be used on programs that will benefit individuals in Kansas City and surrounding community.
- Grant money cannot be used for event sponsorships.
- Grant money cannot be used to pay salaries or overhead expenses.
- Grant must align with the mission of the Colon Cancer Coalition.
Chosen grant recipients will be contacted by Friday, June 23. We reserve the right to contact applicants in advance if we have any questions or require clarification. This contact would not guarantee receipt of a grant award.
Questions? Please contact Anne Carlson.
* denotes required field