Unable to attend your local event?
You can still make a positive impact on colon cancer in your community as a Virtual Participant.
Participating virtually allows you to:
Support the cause from your pajamas, the kid’s soccer field, work, or even your vacation!
Be a part of a team and help them win prizes on event day!
To register as a virtual participant, simply click the “Register and Donate” button on the event page of your choice and register as you would to be a traditional runner or walker or to join a team, but select “Virtual” during the online registration process. Both adult and youth virtual registrations are available.
Virtual Participant FAQs
Answers to the most commonly asked questions about being a virtual participant are provided below. If you don’t see an answer to your question here, contact us directly and we’ll provide the information you need.
- A personal fundraising page* that allows you to raise money to help with colon cancer education, prevention, and screening efforts in your area.
- A 2015 event t-shirt. (Unfortunately, we can’t mail your shirt, but it can be picked up in person or by a family member or friend at packet pick-up or on race day. If you register as part of a team, your race shirt will be a part of the team’s packet.)
- Colon cancer survivors registering as a Virtual Participant will also receive a Survivor shirt.
- If you are part of a team, your registration and fundraising efforts will count toward the Largest Team and Highest Fundraising Team Awards announced on race day.
Absolutely! Just come to packet pick-up or race day registration and request a bib number.
- That is up to you. Being active is part of living a healthy lifestyle, something the Colon Cancer Coalition endorses. While we encourage all Virtual Participants to ‘Get Your Rear in Gear’ and lace-up your running or walking shoes or hopping on your bike in honor of your loved ones, it is not required.