Winston-Salem image courtesy of WikiCommons
The Colon Cancer Coalition is looking for liked-minded partners in Winston-Salem, N.C. and the surrounding area to receive one of two grants awarded from funds raised through Get Your Rear in Gear – Winston-Salem events. Grants will be given in amounts up to $7,500.
Applications are due Friday, February 19.
To receive funds, organizations are not required to be located in North Carolina; however, grant money must be used on programs that will benefit individuals in Winston-Salem and the surrounding community. Preference will be given to new or existing programs working toward the shared colorectal cancer screening goal of 80% by 2018. Public educational efforts as well as screening programs will be eligible for funding.
- Educate the community about the importance of colorectal cancer screening,
- Have a measurable impact on colorectal cancer screening rates,
- Target messages to populations at risk for young-onset colorectal cancer, and/or
- Reach those who have an increased genetic risk for the disease.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- Publicly acknowledge the grant.
- Be an active participant in the 2016 Get Your Rear in Gear Run/Walk in Winston-Salem on Saturday, April 23, assisting the Colon Cancer Coalition in attracting additional participants and sponsors.
- Submit a completed Grant Results Summary following the completion of the project or no later than 12 months after receiving the grant funds, whichever comes first. The grant recipient will need to include specific details on how the grant money was used and the results of the program or related statistics as available (screening rates and behavior changes, etc.)
- Grant money must be used on programs that will benefit individuals in Winston-Salem and surrounding community.
- Grant money cannot be used for event sponsorships.
- Grant money cannot be used to pay salaries or overhead expenses.
- Grant must align with the mission of the Colon Cancer Coalition.
Chosen grant recipients will be contacted by Friday, March 18. We reserve the right to contact applicants in advance if we have any questions or require clarification. This contact would not guarantee receipt of a grant award.
Questions? Please contact Anne Carlson.
* denotes required field