Here is the last summer recipe from Get Your Rear in Gear “Ask the Trainer” Chris Freytag. This recipe, along with many other tasty treats, can be found in her Choose This! Cookbook.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
You Will Need:
Nonstick cooking spray
1 (11-ounce) can thin crust pizza dough (such as Pillsbury)
1 (8-ounce) tub whipped strawberry cream cheese
2 kiwis, peeled and thinly sliced
1 pint raspberries
1 pint blackberries
1 pint blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Unroll pizza dough onto greased sheet pan and bake 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
3. Remove crust from oven and let cool to room temperature before continuing.
4. Spread strawberry cream cheese over the entire surface of the cooled pizza crust and then top evenly with all fruit.
5. Slice into 24 pieces and serve room temperature. Note: I serve this with the crust room temperature, but I do like to chill the berries before topping.
“Kiwis are absolutely bursting with immune system boosting vitamin C. In fact, you can get more than 100% of your daily-recommended value of vitamin C in just one 50-calorie kiwi! Kiwis are also a good source of dietary fiber, potassium, magnesium, manganese, and vitamin E.”- Chris Freytag
Go HERE To purchase the complete cookbook.
For more nutritional tips and recipes from Chris, visit her website.