The Colon Cancer Coalition is looking for liked-minded partners to receive one of multiple grants awarded from funds raised through our signature events.
To receive funds, organizations are not required to be located in an event city; however, grant money must be used on programs that will benefit individuals in and around the event city where the money is raised. Priority will be given to programs working to increase screening for adults over 50 to reach the national goal of 80%, patient screening navigation, or addressing young adult onset colorectal cancer.
Get creative. We are looking for out-of-the-box thinking that will:
- Have a real impact on colorectal cancer screening rates.
- Reach at-risk and underserved communities.
- Target messages to populations at risk for young-onset colorectal cancer.
- Reach those who have an increased genetic risk for the disease.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- Publicly acknowledge the grant.
- Submit a completed Grant Results Summary following the completion of the project or no later than 12 months after receiving the grant funds, whichever comes first. The grant recipient will need to include specific details on how the grant money was used and the results of the program or related statistics as available (screening rates and behavior changes, etc.)
- Be an active participant in your local Colon Cancer Coalition event by
- Joining the event committee
- Helping with vendors and sponsor contacts/asks
- Helping secure volunteers for packet pickup and race-day
- Reaching out to your contacts to distribute race information and marketing materials to increase awareness and obtain participants
- Having a presence and team at the event
Important information regarding use of granted funds:
- Grant money must be used on programs that will benefit individuals in the area where the money was raised.
- Grant money cannot be used for event sponsorships.
- Grant money cannot be used to pay salaries or overhead expenses.
- Grant must align with the mission of the Colon Cancer Coalition.
Grant applicants will be contacted with feedback and status of the application within two weeks of submittal. We reserve the right to contact applicants if we have any questions or require clarification. This contact does not guarantee receipt of a grant award.
Questions? Please contact us.