To find out the file size and dimensions of an image that is stored on your computer:
- Open the file where the image is saved.
- Place your cursor over the image icon, and right-click if you are using a PC or Ctrl-click if you are using a Mac.
- Choose Properties.
- Click the Details tab.
- Scroll down to the:
Image section – To view the image dimensions.
File section – To view the image file size.
To find the file size and dimensions of an image that is currently on a webpage:
- View the image URL in your web browser.
- Place your cursor over the image, and right-click (PC) or Ctrl-click (Mac).
- If you’re using:
Internet Explorer – Choose Properties.
Firefox – Choose View Image Info.
Safari – Choose Inspect Element and then click on Images on the left-hand side. Click on the image and view the properties in the Styles section on the right-hand side.
Note: Safari doesn’t display the image file size, but you can typically Ctrl-click to save the image and view the properties.
Chrome – You’ll have to have install an app that lets you view the properties within the browser.
- Locate the “Size” line that shows the image’s file size and the “Dimensions” line to see the height and width in pixels.