Stories are powerful. By telling stories, we bring communities together, provide encouragement to those impacted, and raise awareness for colorectal cancer.
Faces of Blue is a storytelling series focused on those impacted by colorectal cancer. Whether you’re a survivor, a patient, family member, caregiver, or an advocate, we want to hear from you!
Stories we’re looking for
Anyone can submit to Faces of Blue if they’ve been impacted by colorectal cancer. Here are some examples of stories we’ve received, and themes we value:
- Mental health after diagnosis.
- Your experience with diagnosis and treatment, and any struggles you encountered.
- How you overcame adversity in your colorectal cancer journey, either with your own diagnosis, or through that of a family members.
- How family supported you during your diagnosis.
- How a family members diagnosis impacted you.
- A community event in honor of someone diagnosed with colorectal cancer.
- What you do in your community to raise awareness for colorectal cancer.
- A memory of a loved one impacted by colorectal cancer.
If you’re not sure how to start, check out other Faces of Blue stories to get inspired.
We highly encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to share their stories, including LGBTQIA+ community members, people of color, and those living in marginalized communities.
What your story should have
We appreciate stories that have a beginning, a middle, and an end. You can start from when you or a loved one was diagnosed, or you can start with a story from the middle of a treatment journey. We also request that you submit photos, preferably a headshot or a selfie of you, a picture with friends and family, and if you’re submitting as a caregiver or an advocate, a photo of you with your friend or family member diagnosed with colorectal cancer.
How your story will be used
Stories are posted to our blog here on our website. After stories are posted here, we take a handful of stories and post them to our social media pages, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
How to submit
Use the form below to submit your story. You can either write your own story, or you can request one of our writers contact you. Please note that it may take several weeks for a writer to be in contact with you, so we appreciate your patience!
If you submit your own story, we will review and make any necessary edits, and will let you know when your story goes on our website!
Faces of Blue : Submit your story